If you don’t want to waste your money by going to a theatre and watching Ae Dil Hai Mushkil – you can watch the movie right here, in less than 8 minutes. Compiled from public Youtube footage of trailer and songs.
- PS 1 – full of spoilers
- PS 2 – I loved Lisa Haydon’s performance the most (she played Ranbir’s girlfriend for a while – unfortunately she is absent from trailers / songs – so no footage of hers)
- PS 3 – this is an entertaining (though dumb) story for an 8 minute narration – when you see the same thing being shown for 2 and a half hours, it sucks. Big time. We don’t need a movie to understand that when a girl who you love doesn’t want to love you more than a great friend, you just live with it.
- PS 4 – they show Aishwarya Rai get up in the morning in her house, and sport the kind of makeup and hair-do that typically takes brides 4 hours to achieve. disgusting.
- PS 5 – the takla prosthetic head of Ranbir and Anushka is so bad it makes them look like aliens.
- PS 6 – the last scene (the non-movie scene shot with mobile phone) is from Goa (last night) where Narkasur statues with loud music are spread all over the place.
- PS 7- by the way, Karan Johar has basically made a movie to give tribute to his own movies (and those by Yash / Aditya Chopra). He even played Kal ho na ho music when the cancer scenes were on screen. And of course there were tonnes of ‘famous’ lines from ‘ek ladka aur ladki kabhi dost nahi ho sakte’ to ‘Rahul, naam to suna hi hoga’.
- PS 8 – to be fair, there are few good scenes too that make you laugh and all that – but for most part, there is absolute lack of chemistry between Anushka and Ranbir in the first 20 minute to justify or care about them later on. And major lack of creative scenes. All that the characters do is talk (when not singing and dancing) – in houses, on streets and in parties! Can’t believe someone with so much of money like KJo can’t get few good writers to write good scenes that tell us / show us something interesting!! KKHH was so much better and had so many new things to offer when it was released! Should probably watch it again.